At Towne Properties, the health and welfare of our associates as well as the residents, homeowners and tenants we serve is our top priority. An internal committee alongside our legal resources are closely monitoring the evolving landscape around the COVID-19 situation to ensure we, as a company, are responding appropriately. This includes following CDC Guidelines as well as any orders issued in states in which we operate. Below are our current policies (updated 3/27).
The well-being of our associates and their families is top of mind during this time. That is why we’ve made the following changes at our home, district, and leasing offices.
- All offices are closed to outside visitors and we are strongly encouraging all employees who can to work from home.
- If employees don’t feel well, or have a fever, or are caring for someone at home that doesn’t feel well or has a fever, we are asking that they don’t come into work.
- Employees in the office should follow all CDC guidelines including but not limited to social distancing, placing placards reminding of proper behaviors, washing hands frequently, wearing the required personal protective equipment as necessary, providing disinfectants for associates to clean workplaces, and thorough daily cleanings by our custodial services.
Residents and Homeowners
We recognize that you rely on us to provide a great place for you to live. To ensure that we live up to our mission, we’ve made the following changes.
- We have moved our leasing process including tours and applications to an online only process.
- Office and maintenance staff are following all CDC guidelines and state issued orders as they relate to COVID-19.
- All common areas, fitness centers, and playgrounds at our properties are closed. We’ve increased cleaning protocol in shared laundry facilities.
- All properties are providing emergency maintenance only which includes but is not limited to flood, fire, no heat/air conditioning, no water, other health and safety issues. Staff will wear PPE gear, follow social distancing protocol, and clean and sanitize any area that is repaired.
- Any renovation or construction projects will be completed on vacant units or the exterior of buildings. All contractors and staff will wear PPE equipment and follow all CDC guidelines.
- We encourage residents and homeowners who may be directly impacted financially to remain in contact with their property office staff or association manager so we can discuss options available to you. We are here to help anyway we can.
We understand that your business operations may have changed as a result of COVID-19. We are in this together and encourage our tenants to contact us to discuss assistance options during this difficult time.
- Ohio: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/resources-for-economic-support
- Kentucky: https://eec.ky.gov/Energy/Programs/Pages/Coronavirus-Resources.aspx
- Indiana: https://coronavirus.in.gov
- North Carolina: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina
- SBA: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
This is a very difficult time for many of us, our neighbors and friends. Let’s work together to support each other as we navigate through the uncertainty. We’ll get through this and be stronger and better prepared for the future.